Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Touch of the Hills Newsletter
December 3,2008

Wow!! What happened to November? I sure know what happened in November. I was so engrossed in the election and its aftermath that I didn't concentrate on much else. I hope everyone is happy with the results. I am looking forward to some new leadership.

A few weeks ago, I sent an email about the microcurrent machine that I am about to acquire. The response has been good and I will most likely be purchasing the machine next week. Microcurrent is known as non-surgical facelift. I have had several sessions and am very pleased with the results, especially around my chin line. Treatments are usually priced at $300 for 5 sessions($83.33 per session). I am offering 4 sessions for $200.00 for those who pre-purchase. Everyone who takes advantage of this offer alse gets the $50 per session locked in for as long as I have the machine and am in business. This is the last call for this offer. Please contact me by December 8 if you are interested.

Special Offers

My Own Club

When I took a second look at the math for my last special, I discovered that I had gotten in line with the prices of the massage clubs that are springing up around town. I had several people take advantage of the great pricing. I had even more people tell me that they would have loved to do so but didn't want to or couldn't let go of the $175 for four sessions up front. I really want to make quality bodywork available to everybody who wants/needs it. To that end, I have decided to form my own massage club. It works like this: You buy a one hour session with me at my regular rate of $60. At that time, you also schedule at least 3 additional sessions. These sessions will be priced at $45. Thereafter, as long as you keep at least 2 sessions booked at all times, you will get your sessions at the $45 rate. I do have some requirements as to cancellations and rescheduling that I will tell you about when you book the sessions.

I am selling gift certificates at the rate of 4 for $180 until the end of December. These are for one hour sessions. You can give them for gifts or you can get together with friends and split them up however you see fit. You can even keep them all for yourself. As always, these special offers apply only to sessions in my studio.

Recommendations

Acupuncture and Horsing Around

I have been getting acupuncture from South Austin Community Acupuncture. Wally Doggett has found a way to make acupuncture very affordable. He has a room full of recliners in which his patients are seated. This allows him to treat mulitple patients at the same time and to charge for his services on a sliding scale. He is very good at what he does and I encourage you to check him out. his website is http://www.acupunctureworldheadquarters.com/ .

If you like to ride horseback, then Onion Creek Ranch is the place to go. Check it out at

http://onioncreekranch.net/ .


What I Am Reading

I just finished The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton. We found Shreve's blog a few months ago and just had to get the book as soon as it was published. She is a remarkable woman who rode from San Francisco to NYC on a vespa, then turned around and moved to Wyoming because she had fallen in love with the place. Soon after, she became the guardian of an orphaned coyote pup. The book goes a lot deeper than taking care of the coyote. I don't want to say any more and spoil it for you. It is available from Barnes and Noble or from http://www.dailycoyote.net/


I was just invited to join a new social network built around books. http://www.goodreads.com/
Contact me if you want to join and be my friend.

No comments: